Finnish hotel chain Sokos continues its cooperation with Awara IT and Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
Sokos Hotels is the largest Finnish hotel chain with over 40 hotels in Finland, Estonia and Russia. It offers guests conference services, support in organizing and conducting a variety of events. Sokos hotels also hosts Sevilla, Dans Le Noir, Bridges restaurants, SPA bar, Garden Café with traditional dishes of European, Asian and other national cuisines. Hotels also have spa and fitness centers.
By the time Sokos entered the Russian market, sales, finance, and service processes were supposed to be implemented. These processes should fully comply with Russian legislation, accounting and tax accounting, as well as comply with strict corporate standards.
In 2016, Sokos Hotels upgraded to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016, as the performance of the previous version ceased to meet the new requirements of the Russian and Finnish management.
The new platform included all previous key developments:
- Integration with hotel’s front office systems: Opera, Micros Material Control.
- Treasury Management: Managing approval of payment requests, payment schedule
- Preparation of financial statements for the HQ; transforming Russian reporting into IFRS standards additional module.
Shared Services Center
Along with the new version upgrade, Awara IT team implemented a global project to transfer accounting and financial management functions of Sokos Hotels to the SSC. It was important to unify the processes of accounting and preparation of financial statements as much as possible, including their reflection in the new Microsoft Dynamics NAV. Transition into a unified control center increased the efficiency of managing a group of companies by obtaining all information about its activities in one ERP.
To easily manage numerous contracts with suppliers and customers, Awara IT implemented a document management system based on Microsoft Sharepoint. The portal is integrated with Dynamics NAV and Office applications. This system implements automatic generation of contracts based on templates, automated control of the process of negotiating the contract and additional agreements. A single electronic repository of contracts with index search has been formed.
The system of managing applications for payment and purchase with the formation and approval of applications for the purchase of goods and materials and applications for payment has been introduced.
- Unified SOK shared service center efficiently operates
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV is integrated with all internal systems: reservation, storage, time-tracking, payroll and bank-client systems.
- Developed algorithms allow optimal processing of revenue information. On the one hand, the number of paper documents is minimized, and on the other, the system fully meets the requirements of the legislation for the registration of hotel services.
- Awara IFRS Reporter is introduced – a tool for management and international reporting preparation.