Finnish hypermarket chain PRISMA is a part of the largest Finnish holding S-Group, which was founded in 1904. Today PRISMA consists of 62 hypermarkets and 786 supermarkets. Important elements of positioning and growth are products under Prisma’s own brand and high customer service. Active international cooperation imposes not only high demands on the competitiveness of production, but also impeccable compliance with all international financial reporting requirements.
S-Group Holding entered the Russian market in 2007. Awara group of companies provided legal assistance in business administration services for the customer in Russia, as well as accounting outsourcing. Based on this successful collaboration, further operations developed and IT solutions implementations were launched.
Since this project was the first for Prisma in Russia, new processes should have been presented. It was critical to match both corporate standards and fully comply with Russian legislation. It was also necessary to take into account plans for the active growth of the company.
Awara IT Solutions has resolved the following tasks:
- Ensuring access of all stores to a unified database for quick and reliable decision-making
- IFRS reporting automation
- The need for the most efficient and complete analysis and forecasting of the market situation
The implementation of Microsoft Dynamics NAV was accompanied by the parallel development of additional functionality:
- Additional web interface that simplifies access to the system.
- To provide reporting in an international format, Awara IFRS Reporter module was implemented.
- A unified system for collecting, processing and transmitting information about warehouse and trade-procurement processes has been created
- Collaboration with suppliers moved to a new level, eliminating mutual misunderstandings and reporting difficulties
Big part of the project was IFRS reporting. With close cooperation between Awara IT and Prisma the following tasks were implemented:
- Formation of the initial cost of fixed assets and depreciation in accordance with IFRS
- Accrual of expenses without supporting documents
- Automatic deduction of advance data as an expense for IFRS purposes
- Reclassification of assets to expenses
- Formation of required reserves
- Reporting in various formats according to group standards
- Redistribution of expenses by profit centers
- Kristall Service POS-system
- SAP warehouse system
- Time tracking system MaraPlan