Crate&Barrel is a world-renowned company specializing in housewares, furniture (indoors and outdoors) and home accessories. For over 50 years Crate&Barrel has been collaborating with the best studios and manufacturers in Europe. The brand is well-known world-wide for its high-quality goods and top-level service.
Awara IT Solutions has become the first Russian ERP-provider to implement Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for retail business processes of Crate&Barrel flagship store in Russia. Awara Group has become Crate&Barrel’s strategic partner in the following areas: accounting, HR-management, payroll and Microsoft Dynamics AX implementation services, including back-office, as well as POS for shop-assistants.
The system implemented by Awara IT was used to provide full-cycle sales: all processes from issuing product forms, further purchase to retail management reporting are controlled by Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. The system is used by cashiers, purchase and warehouse staff.
The project consists of the following parts:
- Control of cash POS-terminals by Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012;
- Data is collected and processed using a specific application;
- Crate&Barrel offers an additional service to its customers: a shop assistant accompanies customers with a tablet to input information about all chosen items using a POS-app so that a list of purchased items is formed in real-time mode. Customers can thus pay for their purchase any time during their visit with no additional barcode scanning at the till.
- The high level of automation offered by this platform enables fast supply and delivery;
- Shop assistants and sales consultants got used to Microsoft Dynamics interface very quickly and can already now use the system efficiently. They are now able to provide detailed information to customers on time, and this significantly improves everyday activities.